This week I decided to share with you my favorite home décor shopping site in the center of Barcelona, which is in a few minute walk from Diagonal metro station, where Avenida Diagonal crosses Passeig de Gracia. Most of them are located on Avenida Diagonal as such within 350 meters from each other, and a few others are just several blocks away. For my readers who happen to live in other cities, don’t rush to close this page, because most of these furniture and home accessories shops are quite big chains or have an online shop, so you may still find this post useful 🙂
So I suggest we take a virtual stroll on la Diagonal, and visit the following shops which cater to pretty much any taste in home design.
- Habitat, Av. Diagonal, 514
- Zara Home, Av. Diagonal, 490
- Kave Home, Av. Diagonal 488
- Natura Casa, Av. Diagonal 472
- Deko Palace, Av. Diagonal 458
- Maisons du Monde, Av. Diagonal, 405
- Pilma, Av. Diagonal, 403
- Banak Importa, carrer Rosellón, 207
- Little House Cottage, carrer Rosellón, 259
- Azultierra, carrer de Còrsega, 276, 282,
- Kenay Home, carrer de Balmes, 200
- Habitat is an iconic and pricey British retailer with more than 50 years of history in the homewares business and one of the pioneers of the marketplace as we know it offering sharp and contemporary designs.
- Zara Home: If you live in Spain you probably need no introduction to this one: Zara Home belongs to the man who has claimed the title of the richest man in the world from Bill Gates, is part of Inditex, the biggest fashion group in the world, and has 9 shops in Barcelona alone. The shop on Av. Diagonal is my favorite because it’s spacious and not nearly as crowded as the one on Passeig de Gracia. Designs range from subdued whites and greys to more vibrant and highly-coloured collections, such as the new Spring-Summer line ‘Miami’.
- Kave Home is the most recent opening in the area. Initially a Catalunya-based online shop, which had expanded into France, Italy and Portugal, they opened the first brick-and-mortar shop here in Barcelona. You have 1,000 sq.meters of original furniture and home decor from Kave Home designers, different styles, trendy colour palettes, and prices are quite accessible.
- Natura Casa is a Spanish retailer, which promotes a more eco-friendly mentality and natural-feeling interiors, wooden furniture, lots of houseplants, and very relaxed and tranquil ambience.
- Deko Palace is a German chain of affordable furniture and home accessories. This shop is an enormous space packed with cool stuff, and what I like the most about them is the amount of coloured furniture! And it’s also customizable in colour and size. The only downpoint is that they don’t have an online shop, but apparently they are working on that.
- Maisons du Monde is my favorite home decor brand, and if you check out my previous post, you will understand why. The shop on av. Diagonal mainly showcases home accessories: textiles, dishware, wall art, and smaller objects to give visitor an idea of the variety of styles available. To see more of Maisons du Monde furniture you’ll have to go to Badalona where they have a much bigger space.
- Pilma is a designer multi-brand shop offering its own furniture along with renowned Italian brands such as Zeus and Kartell. The latter is the highlight of the shop for me, this colourful plastic furniture is to die for! You can do a virtual visit to the shop on their website.
- Banak Importa is a Spanish furniture outlet chain, and I’d label their style as contemporary romantic. I first found them online and loved how they were different from the majority of local online shops, which are overrun by Nordic styles, and I featured some of their products in the ‘Ofertas’, and then went to pop into this shop on Rosellón str., and it turned out so cozy and inviting and packed with cool items. So make sure you divert from Av. Diagonal at the end of your furniture shopping hunt and go a few blocks down to check out Banak.
- Little House Cottage has a very vintage feel about it, but the great majority of items are actually new. If you’re inspired by French or English country style, you will find a great selection of table, ceiling and wall lamps, wall decor, and also painting frames, mirrors and tables made in their own workshop.
- Azul Tierra is an iconic shop, offering a sophisticated and luxurious selection of furniture and home decor from different corners of the world. The showroom, over 1,300 sq. meters in size, is packed with European and exotic furnishings, textiles, lighting, accessories, dinnerware, glassware, and even home fragrances.
- Kenay Home – the popular Spanish online store opened its first store in Barcelona at Carrer de Balmes, 200 in 2016, and I did a post about them back them. If you like Nordic style furniture and home accessories, that’s a place for you. Prices are mid-range.
UPDATED May 2019: I said Maisons du Monde is my favorite furniture and home decor shop in Barcelona, well, it appears that this title has passed to Anthropologie now 😀