As spring is slowly approaching, pastel colors are making their way back into the shops, to replace the cooler and darker shades traditionally associated with winter. Two of the hues widely available in new collections of some major brands, including local trendsetter in home decoration – Zara Home, have actually been declared as “Colors of the Year 2016” by Pantone, the global authority in color selection and matching. A combination of soft blue Pantone 15-3919 Serenity and blush pink Pantone 13-1520 Rose Quartz is said to be a harmonious pairing of inviting shades that embody a mindset of tranquillity and inner peace. “With the whole greater than its individual parts, joined together Serenity and Rose Quartz demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace,” commented Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. This is big change from previous years, which were marked by bolder hues, such as Marsala, Radiant Orchid, Emerald, and Tangerine Tango, and moreover, it is the first time that Pantone chose to highlight a combo, rather than just one color.
Here is my selection of a few lovely items in these two shades. They really go well together, don’t they?
- Sky blue cupola lamp from La Case de Cousin Paul, 25€-45€ depending on the size
- Vintage pink sofa from Maisons du Monde, 369,99€
- Blue metal side table from Maisons du Monde, 29,99€
- Pink flower candle holder from Zara Home, 15,99€
- Pink shaded vase from Zara Home, 19,99€
- Graphic wooden tray in blue from Maisons du Monde, 14,99€
- Metal candle holder in rose from Maisons du Monde, 5,99€
- Wood and fabric stool from Maisons du Monde, 39,99€
- Faux suede cushion in pink from Maisons du Monde, 10,99€
- Metal lamp from Maisons du Monde, 39,99€
P.S. I promise this post was NOT sponsored by Maisons du Monde, I really tried to look for these shades elsewhere, but couldn’t find much! 😀